Tango.info wiki mediawiki issues
This article details technical issues in the tango.info wiki system.
- Under circumstances unknown, the wiki can spontaneously logout the user.
- Table of Contents does not automatically appear except if the article has four or more sections. - CHANGED.
- The highlight of a word-embedded wiki link includes the complete word rather than just the title e.g. on GTINs includes the 's'.
- Tobias reports
- that with no user logged in, wiki can serve stale content.
- workaround: log-in
- proposed fix: MediaWiki config amend
- ChrisJJ reports on Google Chrome current version, wiki served stale content even when logged in.
- A self-reference such as this tango.info wiki issues fails to show as link but instead shows bold (Tobiasco suggests this is by design)
- Ths History tab's Compare Version's deletion marker - a strikeout - it sometimes hard to spot, e.g. in here in the left Revision, on the '- ' string.
- 2013-07-19 Changed with upgrade to MW 1.19 and switch to the skin named "vector". But may come back after customization.
- Width <pre> content such as in here cause wrapped paragraphs to be often wider than the browser window, requiring horizontal scroll to read.
- On IE6, emboldening fails to show on the / character, e.g. this one is marked emboldened: /.
- Jumping levels fails to produce empty space, instead inserting extra bullet e.g. this shows here
- Serach result snippeting fails to interpret wikicode.
- Search for / fails to find matching titles.
- Search for word in title/page can fail to find, e.g. Special:Search/ZEN fails to find Creative ZEN which has the word ZEN in title and in article page
Why MediaWiki's Site Search Stinks, Reason #2 Huge Stopword List: What Were They Thinking? http://www.searchtools.com/analysis/mediawiki-search/2-mw-search-stinks-stopword-hell.html
For Reference: The MySQL Full Text 5.x default stopwords, as of October 13, 2008.
... between beyond both ...
If you have a MediaWiki, check the page Special:Version. If there is no mention of a search plugin, then run, do not walk, to replace the site search module http://www.searchtools.com/analysis/mediawiki-search/index-mediawiki-search-stinks.html
- Pages set to "Watching..." by clicking on "Watch" do not appear in the user's Watchlist.
- My (Chrisjjj) Watchlist shows under (Main) only non-existent numerically-named articles, rather than the articles I've set to Watching... .
- The tab for an article's Talk page is labelled Discussion.
- shows User:Hellcatk as editor, but in the history he is not.
- there were tow pages for that event, the one by Hellcatk got deleted, the other (older) one was moved to the newer name and then the history was asked to be restored - but it didnt include the old stuff
Issues due presumably to MediaWiki
- "You have _new messages_" link to all messages, not specifically new ones.
- "Edit", no changes, "Save page" loses any first blank line.
- Reversion can apparently lose blank lines: https://tango.info/x/wiki/w/index.php?title=tangocd.com_clips&action=historysubmit&diff=36908&oldid=36902
- verification of this interpretation is welcomed.
- where a first user sees two sections of the same name, but a second user has (subsequent to first's page fetch) deleted the first, the first's click on section 2's  link presents the wrong section - section 1 - and and save "Save page" saves likewise to the wrong section.