A website that lists tango festivals worldwide.
To suggest a festival for inclusion, you can
- submit the info via https://tango.info/add/festival
There is no specific definition of a festival yet.
- several invited teachers
- several performances
- several milongas
- several DJs
- the event calls itself "festival"
- running website
- NOT a marathon
Sources for artist participation data:
- festival website
- 3rd party
- 2009 - rejected: event with 1 teaching couple (several classes) and 1 milonga
- 2009 - "ARBUE conlasestrellas" + "IEDUB destinationtango" no running website
- 2010 - rejected: http://www.escartango.com/ only one teaching couple, does not call itself festival
- 2010 - reject http://tangoholiday.it/ - one teaching couple, does not call itself festival
- 2010 - reject Danube Tango Meeting 2nd edition - no running website found
http://www.milonga.be/dancing/festivals/ which uses the embedded http://agenda.milonga.be/festivals.php which is based upon parsed RSS: http://tools.forret.com/parss/rss.php?c=festivals
It is possible to have a tango.info ad 300x50 for a festival as JPG or PNG. The ads are chronologically sorted by date of start of the festival.
Some example images:
- It would be good to be able to enter some info about the focus of each festival. For teaching and performing- centric festivals, this can be inferred from the Big Names. But for the rest, there is nowhere to enter the key information.